This course is designed for Network Engineers, VoIP and Network Telephony Personnel that possess a basic to intermediate general VoIP/Telephony and networking knowledge. Successful completion of this course will provide these individuals with a skill-set and path-way into the field of Network and VoIP Analysis. Recommended Course Prerequisites: For maximum effectiveness, attendees should have at least basic familiarity with TCP/IP networking, VoIP fundamentals and basic network infrastructure devices such as Switches, Routers, etc. Attendees will also be required to bring their own laptop.
More information: www.scos.training
VoIP Network Analysis is a specialized sub-set of traditional Network Analysis and encompasses the skills of not only capturing data, but also the ability to discern unusual patterns hidden within seemingly normal network traffic. This course will provide the student with a set of analysis techniques focusing on the use of vendor-neutral, Open-Source Tools to provide insight into the following areas:
- VoIP Network Analysis fundamentals
- Data Recorder technology and data-mining
- VoIP focused network security principles including encryption technologies and defensive configurations of network infrastructure devices
- Recognition for a variety of issues that affect VoIP-based networks and the quality of the voice data. Factors including, latency, out-of-sequence packets, Jitter and Quality-of-Service and how the End-User experiences them will be analyzed and evaluated. Key VoIP related protocols including SIP, MGCP, SCCP, UNISTEM, H.323 and related supporting protocol architectures will be examined.
- Open-Source VoIP Network Analysis Tools – Specialized VoIP Network Analysis techniques including audio data traffic reconstruction and viewing techniques.
- Real-World examples will be utilized throughout the course in conjunction with numerous hands-on exercises to provide field proven, practical VoIP Network Analysis skills. Attendees will receive a training binder including numerous baseline trace files and a DVD with VoIP and networking tools, as well as a library of VoIP Network Analysis reference documents.
As a result of successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of VoIP Network Analysis and how to apply them
- Select and configure various Open-Source tools for VoIP Analysis
- Utilize these tools to recognize traffic patterns associated with VoIP network behavior
- Reconstruct VoIP conversations for detailed analysis and quality assessment purposes
- Understand and recognize potential VoIP network security infrastructure misconfigurations
5 days Classroom Instruction
Recommended Class Size